Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of surface patterns

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CVMN0501
16783 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility of surface patterns

Hi All,

How do i turn off surface patterns of floors quickly? The situation is, the MEP group that i work with receives Architectural revit model from some other consultant, previously they send us models where in floors doesn't have colors in its surface pattern, which is just the way how drawings are presented in MEP, but recently they have incorporated colors in the surface pattern of floors to differentiate the finished floor. How do i turn this off? The only way i see is i need to remove the colors from the surface pattern in the materials editor. Any other way to do this quicker? since the modeling stage is still on-going, our group is going to keep receiving new models, and i'd do the process all over again.

Capture4.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CVMN0501

The simplest way would be to modify the View Templates (if you're using them) or the View's Visibility/Graphics Overrides. Under the Model Categories tab, locate "Floors". Under the "Projection/Surface"/"Patterns" column, click "Override...". In the following dialog, clear the checkbox for "Visible" and the Floor Patterns should no longer be displayed.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
CVMN0501
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That worked. Thanks! I'll just have to transfer the view template from file to file when we receive new models.

Message 4 of 5
SLDBrown
in reply to: CoreyDaun

OMG! Thanks so much for your reply. I searched forever for that viz control.

Message 5 of 5
ece116
in reply to: CVMN0501

Hey, I’ve got a question

when I apply fill collies to a surface pattern, it’s only visible on the hidden view tab rather than the working tab

Any form of assistance would be appropriated

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report