Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visability of face based families on floor plans

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
305 Views, 7 Replies

Visability of face based families on floor plans

I've created a face based diffuser for use on linked ceilings. I can't see anything on the floor plan though. What can I do to enable me to see the object that I've placed?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

just a thought......is the view range set high enough up to see them?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

yes, the view range is fine; though I should have mentioned that the ceiling is not parallel to the floor.
Message 4 of 8
Martin__Schmid

I just tried this with one of the out-of-the-box face based air terminals and it seems to have worked just fine.

Can you see your terminal in a section/elevation view? Do you have 3D geometry created? If the object is not orthogonal to the view (as in the case with the sloped ceiling), the 3D model will be shown, instead of 2D annotation graphics... perhaps this is the issue?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Yes..Yes..and Yes. I tried one of the out of the box diffusers and it seemed to work fine as well. I was going from scratch. Is what I needed an annotation view? What and how do I accomplish that?
Message 6 of 8
Martin__Schmid

What happens when you select one of the OOTB air terminals that are in the ceiling, and change its type to the one you created?

If you post the family, I could take a look to see if there is any glaring issue.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I think I trashed in favor of modifying the standard hosted model. I was trying to use the faced based template to create my diffuser. I had only made the 3D model and was unaware of anything else I needed to do. I could see and place it in 3D view.

the provided one works fine even after I edited it.

I just wanted to know what was required, when starting from the face based template, to get the family to show up on the plan view.
Message 8 of 8
Martin__Schmid

oh, I meant changing the type in the model... i.e., you have the OOTB diffuser placed in a ceiling, and it looks as expected... then you select the instances of the object, and from the type selector in the options bar, change the type to the family/type you created.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report