Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view templates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sammy1412
262 Views, 4 Replies

view templates

sorry if thas has been discussed, i've done some searching and not sure what i've come up with.

but after reading thru the thread on Showing Existing Services, i have gone thru and created a View Template Specific to my needs in Revit 2013.

is there a way to save this specefic veiw template and apply it to other projects and bring it into a 2014 project? 

I've seen reference to transfering project standards from one job to another, but all i want is the view template i made specifically for my trade? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sammy1412

Open your Project in Revit 2013 and then start a new Project in Revit 2013, and select "<none>" as the template. Go to the Manage tab and activate Transfer Project Standards. In the following dialog, ensure that "Copy from:" is set to the Project from which you want to copy the View Template, click "Check None", then scroll down to and enable"View Templates", and click 'OK'. Go to View tab » View Templates Manage View Templates and delete all unwanted View Templates. Save this Project somewhere, then open this Project and your other Project in Revit 2014 and perform the same steps with Transfer Project Standard, and only the desired View Templates will be imported.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
sammy1412
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thanks!  so far so good with that, it seems to work.

the other issue i am having is bringing the pipe types in as well?  the filter shows up inthe saved project, but no pipe types?    is there a way to import those as well?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sammy1412

It should be there; double-check your settings and which Project you are transferring to/from. See image below.

TransferPipeTypes.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
sammy1412
in reply to: CoreyDaun

oh duh!   ok, i had turned everything but the view filter off......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report