Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View template not keeping its settings

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Jrobker
774 Views, 10 Replies

View template not keeping its settings

This has happened on three current projects on random views.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but I have my suspicions.

Has anyone seen this before and if so what is causing this to happen?

The solution is this:

I have to go to the view template and change the detail level to fine than apply, than go back in and change it to medium and apply.

BTW this isn't a solution it's just 1 of the million bandaids this half a$$ program needs.

Medium_DL.png

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrobker

Y'know, I've seen this twice before, but I never found a cause. For those Views, I think you can just switch it to another View Template and back again, instead of editing the View Template. Unless, it's happening with several Views that all have that particular Template. This seems like it could be a "Support Case" worthy occurrence if you can capture the error and separate it into another Project file.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

I don't have a direct answer but, the only logic I could find that could affect Revit API when comes to synchrnozation;

Users don't all have the same build number and they do some changes on these settings and somehow revit is having trouble with it when comes to synch

Or 

One of the Addin installed could sometimes override some API in Revit and revit could behave unexpectedly.

Since it is hard to reproduce it, It will be harder to find the source of the problem

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 11

Does this only happens on a specific view or on a specific setting, if it does, then something is corrupted.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 11
Jrobker
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Not specific views.

I have 15 Mechanical piping sheets all with the same view template and 2 of those are not keeping the settings. Once I repair them it's fine again...for a while and then another MP view gets messed.

I have 20+ Plumbing sheets and 1 of those was was doing it.

I still haven't had time to reproduce this issue, but there are steps I will try and see what happens.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

IF ever you are able to reproduce it, Try to redo the same steps but without any addins

TO disable all addins go to 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins

move the 201x folder to your desktop and then open Revit, you should not have any addins and see if you could reproduce it.

Once the testing is finished, dont forget to bring back the folder to its original path

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 7 of 11
Jrobker

Ok.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Any updates on your side?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 9 of 11
Jrobker

Ok.

I have been crazy busy, so I haven't had time to test.

It has happened again on another project and now I "think" I know why.

I'm 99% sure this happens when a user synchronizes with central while he is in a view with temporary overrides enabled.

When a view is open with temporary overrides, during a SWC the view will default back to the view template settings.

But the sheets that the views are on KEEP the override settings even though the template is applied, but on the parent view they look correct.

The reason I think this is the case is because the views became faulty after the sync....

.....Ten minutes later.......

Ugggghhh. I just did a test and that didn't happen. Now i'm wondering if it has to do with 2 users in the file and possibly conflicting with the same view open. 1 user hasn't overridden the view and the other user has.

I'll keep updating this thread as I learn more.

Message 10 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

you could also Double check if all the users have the UR installed or at least the lates update

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 11 of 11
Jrobker

This is getting old. This completely renders the purpose of the view template useless.

This is happening on every project that we have on our revit server (thank god that RS was just an expensive flash in the pan, we are slowly switching to A360). Here is another screen shot.

Ill briefly explain this scenario.

The parent view looks correct, but the dependent views all are incorrect.

I have no idea how this happens. The team just models and SWC every now and than.

Oh and yes, all users have the same build.

FYI. This screen shot is from dual monitors and may be large.View template.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report