Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

View Scale vs. Scale Value?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lotta.johannesson
2946 Views, 2 Replies

View Scale vs. Scale Value?

Hi all!

Does anyone know the different between the two parameters View Scale and Scale Value and why is scale value always grayed out?

In this particular case it's an electrical model that we have difficulties with. The A-model is linked in and although the most common scale for electrical sheets is 1:50 we need some for 1:100. When we create a sheet in 1:100 the annotate symbols for the outlets, switches and other annotations gets way to big and the sheet gets blurry from all the objects.

I would like to be able to have one scale for the model and set another scale for my annotative objects in that same view. This is perfectly doable in AutoCAD, I'm fully aware that I shouldn't compare theese programs to much but sometimes you can't help your self... šŸ™‚

Is Scale Value hardcoded or is it doable to program a function that opens up the parameter?

Why do Scale Value exists if it anyway always will be gray? Does it do something underneath the hood?

Any help or ideas is more than welcome!

Regards, Lotta

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

That grayed-out parameter is not accessible, it's probably just a visible result for a hard-coded calculation "under the hood".

The whole point of the Generic Annotations is to be "Annotative", and there is no way to stop them from behaving that way. So, you would have to modify your Family to use embedded Detail Items, instead. You could use both, and make it so that the Generic Annotations are hidden on Detail Level: Medium and set the Detail Items to only display at the Detail Level. That way, you can set the View or Category(ies) to that Detail Level in order to effectively turn the Annotative behavior off.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€
āž|āž Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Hi Corey

Thanks for your replay.

I've had our developers to take a look at the parameter and as you said, it is a read only which we can't edit in any way, I think it's a pity. Among our customers it would be one appreciated function. I'll have to continue dreaming. šŸ™‚

We had a discussion of changing our annotates into detail and use object styles instead, but we decided that it would be to much work. Perhaps in the future.

Wish you a good day!

Regards, Lotta

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report