Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
618 Views, 4 Replies

View Range Question

I'm desiging a domestic water and hot water plumbing system for a commerical building and I'm locating a water heater above ceiling. The problem I'm having is that the water heater is not showing up on my floor plan when I place it above ceiling, yet my water piping is showing up. My view ranges are as follows:

Top(Level Above): 12'0

Cut Plan(Associted Level): 4'0"

Bottom(Associated Level): 0'0"

The ceiling height is at 9'4", finshed floor is standard 0'0". Water heater height, from top of the heater to finshed floor is 10'9". Hot/Cold water piping is 11'0" from finshed floor.

The obvious solution would be to change the cut plane to be above the water heater but then my floor plan would become a ceiling plan instead. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

There are always a lot of possible solutions when something isn't showing up. One, is your water heater family classified as Mechanical Equipment? Check that category's visibility in your view and make sure it's not turned off or overridden. You can also check your worksets, filters, and the water heater family itself for visibility overrides.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

Abulla,

The family is set to plumbing fixtures, which is turned on. The visibility is fine because you can see it when it's below the cut plane. It's when I move it above the cut plane that it doesn't show on my floor plan. Yet my hot and cold water piping is visible, and its well above the cut plane.

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas

Hi,

How I solve these issue sometimes is by adding a line in the family. Then I make sure this line would reach below the cut plane. Then I use hidden line and set visibility settings to that line so that it will not show in my views.

Of course you can add parameters to this line to determine length (then you can decide to show it in your views yes or no).

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
ASCunningham

You can also use a plan region. We do this a lot when working with roof plans with different roof elevations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report