Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View/find parameters in model?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
654 Views, 2 Replies

View/find parameters in model?

Is there a way to select a parameter in Family Types and have it show me (or highlight) where the part is in the model? Or some other way to physically locate a parameter in the model?

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll have to be more specific in what you're looking for, perhaps provide an example - elements are not directly associated with any parameter. Aspects of an element can linked to them (i.e. Visibility to a Yes/No parameter), but an element can be controlled in different ways by many parameters and many parameters can be linked to an element's parameters. Parameters do not physically exist in the model.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Sandleaz
in reply to: Anonymous

My guess is Ceaves is looking at a family someone else created and trying to figure out what parameters control what features of the family. 

My suggestion is to mess around with the family and change some values and see what happens.  If the parameters aren't visible in the different views, you can still see how changing the parameters will affect the model because it will update after you hit "OK" and exit out of the parameter menu. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report