Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View boarder ??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
revitworkbench
242 Views, 4 Replies

View boarder ??

Hi am seem to be having trouble locating what the crop boundry is on my sheets. If you open your sheet, and you select your drawing you see a big boarder apear which I want to crop down, so I can easily manipulate other drawings on to the sheet. However, and I thought I understood what I was doing, but I turn on Crop View, Crop region visible, annotation Crop, but this misterious box still refuses to be manupulated. Ive tried looking at the viewport but nothing seems to work. What else could it be?? What am I forgetting? thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

The extents of a Viewport (which is when you click on the View on the Sheet) is determined by the visible elements of that View. In order to control the Crop Region of a View, select it, right-click, and  select "Activate View". This will let you work on the View through the Viewport, including adjusting the Crop Region. Right-click and select "Deactivate View" when finished editing the View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah, I know that much. But its neither one of those. My crop region is  tight to my drawing and so is the annotation crop, but the view port border is still way out in left field. Somethimes croping is enough to bring it in tight but others it is not.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Perhaps there is a CAD Import causing it (?), but I would need to see the file in order to figure out the exact cause.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

I do have CAD drawings imported. I thought those were cropped by the crop region too? No? How do I make them behave?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report