Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical pipes and ducts show up green

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
cmathewson
8686 Views, 9 Replies

Vertical pipes and ducts show up green

Whenever I draw a vertical duct or pipe, that segment is shown green on the plans, and therefore plots gray (using grayscale vs. black lines). Also, these green elements don't show as hidden when they're under other ducts (see attached image).

How can I get these vertical elements to behave and display like their horizontal counterparts?

(Revit MEP 2011)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
parveen.revit
in reply to: cmathewson

this is default setting in Revit and represent the globally approved line stype/weights.

Its recommended to use this one.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 10

Not sure what "globally approved linestyles" Parveen is referring to as there is no such thing as regions around the world do things differently. However - if you wish to change the green objects to black so they print clearly then you can change them in Manage tab/Object Styles. Under the Pipe and the Duct categories you can change the colour for Rise and drop symbols to something other than green.

As for the not showing like their horizontal counterparts - the example at the bottom is displaying correctly. i.e dashed where it is under a duct. You may have to play the linetype used for hidden objects so they dsiplay correctly.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 10

Revit template for different countries shows the pipes with same color and line type.

People has accepted now the way it works. If you want to override, you can do it by visibility graphics controls.

Message 5 of 10

The OOTB templates are set the same as it is easier and logical for Autodesk to do so and generally companies customise them to suit their region/country. There are no globally accepted standards in regards to AEC drawing/modelling - only regional and/or by country.

Thank you!
Message 6 of 10

different users/companies customizes it as per their requirements.

Autodesk also does a detailed study on all available options and implement the most prominent into their default settings.

I haven't seen many people who want to change the color of pipe in plan view.

Message 7 of 10
cmathewson
in reply to: cmathewson

I have been changing them individually using the 'Override Graphics in View' option, but I don't want to keep doing this for every single pipe and duct that I draw. It's ridiculous.

Where can I change this - whether it's an option or something in the template - so that it automatically draws vertical pipes and ducts in black, and shows them as hidden when under other objects? I looked in the MEP Settings, but it will only let me change the symbol used for drops and rises; it won't let me change the color or lineweight.

Message 8 of 10

As mentioned in my inital post - under the Object Styles button on the manage tab. There are sub-categories under the pipe and duct categories which control the colour of the rise drop symbols.

Thank you!
Message 9 of 10

Sorry, I missed that in your first reply.

The colors are right now, but the rise/drop symbols still use the heavier lineweight when shown under a duct. I need to have those symbols use the hidden lineweight, rather than their standard lineweight.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10

No worries. You can also change their lineweight in the Object Styles. However it doesn't look as though they are going to behave the way you want unless you globally change the linestyle in the Object Styles.

The feature does work as you want but as you have two or more symbols sitting on top of each other, they then appear as solid instead of dashed. I.e there is the bend symbol and there is the vertical pipe symbol sitting on top of each other.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report