Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Duct

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Peter-Mech
781 Views, 4 Replies

Vertical Duct

I am using Revit MEP 2009. I am currently trying to draw a vertical duct main in a multi-story building. The problem is I cannot see the vertical duct in plan view. I have multiple taps off the vertical duct main to feed a certain floor. Currently the vertical duct main has no connection on either the bottom or the top as this is a renovation of a tower floor and I only need to see one floor. Is there a setting I am missing so I can see my vertical duct? I have looked through visibility graphics, View range, and Mechanical settings. Using sections I can see the vertical duct and know that is placed in the right area. I can even see it in a 3D view but as soon as I go back to a plan view it disappears. Any one know what I am missing?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asommer
in reply to: Peter-Mech

Check the MEP Settings\Mechanical Settings\Duct Rise/Drop. This sets the display of the rise/drop. If the setting is on "None", The vertical duct will not show.
Message 3 of 5
Peter-Mech

I have checked the mechanical settings and all duct systems have a symbol. The supply system is set to "cross" which is what the vertical duct is on. Still I cannot see the vertical duct in plan view. I also checked the visibility graphics and made sure everything under duct is checked.
Message 4 of 5
asommer

Hmmmmmmmm........Do you have Worksets? if so, check those. I'm not sure what's going on, otherwise. In the view range, make sure the "Top" is within the vertical duct?
Message 5 of 5
Peter-Mech

I am using worksets but they are all on. I noticed that I cannot see duct in a section view that is perpendicular to the section. There must be some kind of setting that I am missing.

Edit: I found the problem by comparing my drawing to a default revit template. Under mechanical settings there is a tab duct rise/drop annotation size that was set to zero. Even though it says annotation it still alters the visibility of the actual duct. Edited by: tekuoy on Feb 13, 2010 10:51 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report