Revit MEP

tekuoy
Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

Vertical Duct

316 Views, 4 Replies
02-10-2010 10:28 AM
I am using Revit MEP 2009. I am currently trying to draw a vertical duct main in a multi-story building. The problem is I cannot see the vertical duct in plan view. I have multiple taps off the vertical duct main to feed a certain floor. Currently the vertical duct main has no connection on either the bottom or the top as this is a renovation of a tower floor and I only need to see one floor. Is there a setting I am missing so I can see my vertical duct? I have looked through visibility graphics, View range, and Mechanical settings. Using sections I can see the vertical duct and know that is placed in the right area. I can even see it in a 3D view but as soon as I go back to a plan view it disappears. Any one know what I am missing?
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 2 of 5 (316 Views)

Re: Vertical Duct

02-10-2010 11:26 AM in reply to: tekuoy
Check the MEP Settings\Mechanical Settings\Duct Rise/Drop. This sets the display of the rise/drop. If the setting is on "None", The vertical duct will not show.
tekuoy
Message 3 of 5 (316 Views)

02-10-2010 11:42 AM in reply to: tekuoy
I have checked the mechanical settings and all duct systems have a symbol. The supply system is set to "cross" which is what the vertical duct is on. Still I cannot see the vertical duct in plan view. I also checked the visibility graphics and made sure everything under duct is checked.
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)

02-10-2010 12:08 PM in reply to: tekuoy
Hmmmmmmmm........Do you have Worksets? if so, check those. I'm not sure what's going on, otherwise. In the view range, make sure the "Top" is within the vertical duct?
tekuoy
Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)

02-13-2010 07:28 AM in reply to: tekuoy
I am using worksets but they are all on. I noticed that I cannot see duct in a section view that is perpendicular to the section. There must be some kind of setting that I am missing.

Edit: I found the problem by comparing my drawing to a default revit template. Under mechanical settings there is a tab duct rise/drop annotation size that was set to zero. Even though it says annotation it still alters the visibility of the actual duct. Edited by: tekuoy on Feb 13, 2010 10:51 AM
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!