Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Valve problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
369 Views, 2 Replies

Valve problem

Hello!

I am trying to make a Balancing valve family. The specific thing of balancing valve is that it must be putted into the pipeline in accurate direction (the direction of the balancing valve is defined by the water flow and the "nose" of the balancing valve is always turned in direction of water flow).

I have defined one connector as In and another connector as Out. The problem happens when I try to put the valve into the pipeline. Revit sometimes puts it into wrong and sometimes into good direction. When I try to change direction of the valve with the arrows above the valve (Flip Fitting function) Revit shows warning for wrong direction of the valve.

Does anybody know what is the problem?! I have attached picture with the problem.

Best regards, Branimir Segotic

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jkarben
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the actual flow in the pipe in the desired direction? I believe flow is established by the connectors of the mechanical equipment families. And I believe the System Inspector will display the flow direction.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jkarben

In the original post I attached the picture with the flow and the flow is in desired direction...but the valve is once in desired direction and once is not... (see the picture)...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report