Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Scale function as a Parameter in families

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SLDBrown
771 Views, 1 Reply

Using a Scale function as a Parameter in families

Hello,

I need to build a family for flanged expansion joints (see attached). I can easily develop and modify the size of the flanges and fitting length using simple paramters. I need some input on how to add a parameter to affect the size of the donut shaped middle. Can a scale function be used as a parameter?

Regards,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SLDBrown

Something like that can be accomplished one of two ways. If that dimension is always a proportional size to the Pipe's nominal size, a simple parametric formula shouldn't be terribly difficult to concoct. If it isn't directly proportional, perhaps including this information into the Family's LookUp table would be best (assuming that the Family uses one).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report