Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Lock Out

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
rwduffy
168 Views, 0 Replies

Users Lock Out

I know there was an earlier thread about this but it has now happened again. I had a user tell me that they could not save to central until I relinquished. Here is the David Copperfield!! I was never in the file at all that day. I made a local copy that morning but never opened it, I was working in the Architectural file instead that is linked into the MEP.

So this morning, I made a new local to open and relinquish but it stated the other user needed to relinquish and save to central before I could open. It was stuck once again in a loop between the 2 users, now locking everyone out of the file.

Why is this happening? Another strange part that has been happening is, when we save our MEP to central we get a message that someone is accessing the central file, however the central file it is telling us that someone is accessing is the Arch that is linked into our file.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a linked file only updates by two ways. Opening at the beginning and if I go to managed links and reload. So why would it be telling me that someone is accessing the linked model making me wait for the save to complete. This can ball it up for quite sometime. This message should not even appear!!

Robert Duffy
RME 2009 (Central file/Local file converted from 2008)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report