Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Parameter based on family type

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bashworth
1183 Views, 2 Replies

URL Parameter based on family type

Not sure if this is something wonky on my system, or if it's a shortcoming of this parameter type.

To set the scene, we have one piece of equipment, that has 6 different configurations available.  Each configuration has it's own model number, and catalog page on our company website.

I created a family for this equipment, and added the URL to the catalog as an instance parameter.  For each family type, this is a different value, since it goes to a different portion of the website.  I also have several other parameters of various types, that change value based on family type.

They all work just fine in the family editor.  I can switch between the different family types at will, and see the URL for the catalog change correctly, along with the model number, schedule values, comments, etc.

When the family is inserted into a project though, everything BUT the URL parameter works.  The URL still shows, but it only ever shows the first link I entered in for the first type I created.  All other parameters switch correctly.

I searched around, but couldnt' find anything about this being a limitation of the URL parameter type.  Is it one, or is my Revit just busted?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bashworth

I quickly tested this Revit MEP 2013 (Update 2) with a couple random URL's with a catalog, and it worked as expected. Are you using this version with the current updates? Can you post your family and catalog file for us to investigate?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
bashworth
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for your time on this.  Looks like it just needed some time in the corner to sit and think about what it had done.  Working correctly today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report