Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT Bus Duct

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jarom05
1739 Views, 5 Replies

URGENT Bus Duct

Does anyone have a bus duct family they would like to share or maybe barter for? O at least give me an Idea of how to make o family?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scenerstrip
in reply to: Jarom05

What about creatinga profile and creatinga Mass with a Sweep then apply the profile to that?

Revit MEP does not have Conduit and Cable Trays as of yet. You can create those and bus ducts using Massing and Profiles
Message 3 of 6
Jarom05

I can sort of do that, but my biggest problem is, how do I connect multiple panels from multiple levels to the bus? Or should I just create a representation of the bus and buss duct and just connect the panels to the Secondary side of my power distribution?
Message 4 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

Jarom,
Because there is no specific functionality today to support the modeling of those systems, it will be difficult to keep track of the data associated with those systems. I recommend that you just stick to modeling for now, and use existing processes to account for connections and other system-related data.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager
http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
GarrettGalyen

Basically a busduct is a streched out panelboard, so you could strech out a panel board so it has the right elevation and then circuit the connecting panels to that "streched panel". Then you would have a busduct schedule to do load calcs.  I suppose if you had a horizontal run and a vertical run, you could either use a couple of "streched out" panel boards to make the runs or if no load is on them, use cable tray and use notes to clarify the specifics. In Revit, one must decide what is diagramatic and what is a real 3D object and try to convey the most useful information.

Message 6 of 6
m7moud_alfat7

http://seek.autodesk.com/product/latest/agg/siemens/Siemens/Siemens103IN

this link contains solution introduced by siemens by modifiying duct setting for thier standard busway rating and it is good solution knowing that thay provide with families for accessories and project contains modified duct setting than need loading accessories families

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report