Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating or Purging a CAD Link

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mojova
277 Views, 1 Reply

Updating or Purging a CAD Link

I have a CAD link of a riser diagram in a drafting view and I am trying to make a few changes an reload.  When I reload I keep getting the old file.  I've tried removing the link, I've tried renaming the CAD file and relinking new, I've tried saving as different versions of CAD and it still retains the older file information. 

I ended up copying the content and pasting into a new file and linking new which worked.

Is there some issue with this in 2014?  Is there a way to purge a CAD link completely?

The other frustration is the formatting....looks fine in CAD but once linked in the text shifts or loses width info and looks ****e.   Trust me, I'd prefer to just draw all in Revit from the get go but justifying a seat of Revit for the grey hairs to do riser diagrams doesn't make much sense.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
abulla
in reply to: mojova

You should be able to go to the Manage Links dialogue box, go to the CAD formats tab, and click the Remove button to get rid of a CAD link.

My initial thought was that you were using Import CAD rather thank Link CAD, but it seems from your original post that you did link it. I'm not sure what would be preventing the CAD file from updating in that case. Are you reloading the link from the Manage Links tab?

A couple of pointers for linking in CAD files like riser diagrams:
1. Don't use RomanS as a font in your CAD files, use Arial, it's the default Revit font.
2. Don't use linetypes with symbols or letters in them, they won't translate to Revit.
3. It's difficult to control halftone in linked CAD files unless you change your print settings. If you need halftoned lines, I would import the CAD link and explode it and use Revit lines so they can be halftoned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report