Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CoreyDaun
527 Views, 2 Replies

Unstable Text

In Revit 2012, I have a text object (Arial, nothing special) for several notes for a detail. It seems as though the right margin of the text is based upon the degree of zoom of the view? If I zoom in closely, click into the text box to activate the text (not changing anything at all) and the click outside to deactivate, the text shifts itself. If I do the same after zooming out a bit, it does it again except differently sized horizontally. The trouble is that it is not just a display glitch, it actually plots that way! Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Of course..It's revit.

Name one adesk application that has a seamless texting editor tool?

After 29 years of acad they still haven't got it right.

This was a wish list item of mine back in RMEP2009 as well as leader control points (granted) and better editing options let alone the graphics display.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrobker

It's just terrible. They are slowly getting better, but then there is a potentially crippling issue like this. I take it the only way around this is to force line-breaks or just not use standard text at all, but use schedules for everything.

I had to get around Revit's poor control and display of font even in our annotation symbols with letters (i.e. Pulls Stations, Thermostats) by creating a font letter-by-letter made of standard lines in a generic annotation family. That does come through clean and consistent...er.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report