Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underslab plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
276 Views, 4 Replies

Underslab plan

How would one go about creating an underslab plan. How do you show two different elements on different view ranges?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a look at a plan region. It is on the view menu on the left. On your
view that is attached to your sheet, sketch the plan region and set its
properties to the view range required.
HTH

--
Margaret Wiggins
Harley Ellis Devereaux
Southfield Mi
mwiggins@hedev.com
Revit MEP 2008 - 2300 build
wrote in message news:5867231@discussion.autodesk.com...
How would one go about creating an underslab plan. How do you show two
different elements on different view ranges?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Plan region would work if you had the ability to change the visibility settings for the two different ranges (getting rid of mechanical work on range above 0).

"If you want to see only objects below the slab, change your top view extent to be 0' , cut plane to be -2' and bottom and view depth to be -5'."

The problem with this is that I loose all my architectural information. Sinks don't show up because they are at 4' A.F.F. I guess I could xref a dwg in the background to get around this...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

This is a wish list item for me as well. I would like to be able to control the view ranges of the background independent of the MEP.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Could you get around it with the visibility settings? Create an underslab plan with the top view to be at 0', cut plane at -2' and view depth to be -8', then go into properties, visibility settings, and remove all the ductwork and other items you don't want to see?

That's the easiest way I see to do something like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report