Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Piping

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
2542 Views, 5 Replies

Underground Piping

We have a chiller that is in an enclosure away from the building that we are running underground pipe to. I can not figure out how to show the pipes on the site plan. I tried a plan region and not only does that cut out part of the site (which I don't want to do) it doesn't show my pipes at all. I have checked visability graphics and filters, changed it wireframe, changed the underlay to basement, changed my discipline from Architectural to Mechanical (it works so many other times when nothing else does) and nothing has worked. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Carrie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VWD-MLM
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Carrie,

Try setting the "View Depth" on the View Range to be below the Piping.  You may also have to adjust the Transparency of the Site Model (Assuming it is a Model).

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Changing the View Depth didn't change anything. I am not sure how to change the transparency of the site model (Yes it is a model) Could you walk me through that please?

Thanks

Carrie

Message 4 of 6

After further investigation I have found that the area I am working under is like a patio type area but in the arch model it is just an in-place family of lines. In the arch model I am able to draw a regular pipe and put it 3 feet below the first floor and I can see it perfectly fine. I have to be doing something wrong in the MEP model for this to not be showing up correctly.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Did you  try setting your View Range to match the model's exactly? Are you also certain that it's not a separate visibility issue that's preventing your Pipes to display (i.e. Workset, View FIlter, Phase, etc.)?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It is none of those. I have been through all the steps over and over, but then I decided to draw some new pipes on the site plan, 3 feet below the surface and it works perfectly and I can see the pipes. I have even connected them to the original system. I don't understand why the pipes I drew before didn't work. It is all in the same model

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report