Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit Titleblock Labels/Parameters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
clippincott-CL
2205 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to Edit Titleblock Labels/Parameters

I have a project where I am using a titleblock obtained from an Architect that I have inserted into our model file.  This titleblock has a section for "Revisions" and a section for "Issues".  I am able to edit the "Revisions" section by adding items in the "Sheet Issues/Resitions" window but I have no idea how to edit the "Issues" section.  When I click on the titleblock there are a bunch of uneditable question marks that appear.

When I open the titleblock family file, the "Issues" section is full of labels that are associated with Category Parameters.  I have tried to import these parameters into my model file using "Transfer Project Standards" and selecting "Project Parameters" but this hasn't worked. 

Does anyone know how I might be able to edit these labels/parameters?

Thanks in advance for any assitance provided.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Most likely that is not a schedule, because the only type of schedule available in a titleblock is the revision schedule, and that one does not allow the addition of new parameters, just calculated values. Probably that "schedule" is just lines forming columns and rows, and the values are labels with shared parameters.

Try this: open the titleblock, go to Family Types, click on each of those parameters, and see if the "Export" button becomes available. If it does, export each parameter to your own shared parameters file. Then, in your project, add project parameters, by instance, applying to Project Information), corresponding to each of those shared parameters. After that, you should be able to edit those values in the Project Information dialog box.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report