Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type/Instance Tags

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Richie535
1351 Views, 4 Replies

Type/Instance Tags

How do I assign type/instance tags? For example, in a bathroom I use a GFCI outlet typically at +42".  I would like to assign that tag (+42") to be preloaded when I host that family to a wall.  How do I set the preloaded tags to display the information I want it to show?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Richie535

You can have multiple Types and even Families of tags for the same category loaded into a project, but you can only have a single type set to be the default tag type. To use the other types, place the default tag and then go to the Type pull-down under properties and change it to the desired Type.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Richie535
in reply to: CoreyDaun

How can I adjust the default tags information, say I want the default tag to pull the height of the element, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

Right off the bat, I'm going to tell you that you cannot pull "Elevation" for wall devices for some reason. Revit doesn't let you, but who really needs that information, anyway?

1. Open your current Tag for editing. You can change the Label (the text) through properties to change or add parameters.
  2. Save the family somewhere under a different file name. Load it into the project.
  3. Go to Annotation Tab » Tag▼ pulldown » Loaded Tags to change the default tag for each Category.

Let me know if you need any more info...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Chris.Aquino

CADastrophe is correct in that the Elevaton Parameter cannot be read in tags. If you would like this functionality add to Revit, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report