Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Catalog working but chiller not Sizing correctly (URGENT)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mariusvanwyk2216
636 Views, 3 Replies

Type Catalog working but chiller not Sizing correctly (URGENT)

Hi All,

Find attached rfa, txt file and pdf with screen shots of my type catalog issue.

When I load the chiller into my project the type catalog comes up looking exactly like I want it, I the chose the largest chiller to load and it then gave me a error message about the lenght parameter. The result was that the correct model number loaded but with the smallest model's phisycal sizes. 

I am sure it is something small I am missing, please give me feedback on this as I need to create quite a few other types of equipment and these type tables will save me a lot of work and massivly reduce my projects file sizes and purging requirements.

Thanking all in Advance.

PS: this is to all the Autodesk Staff monetoring or replying to these posts about type catalogs and lookup tables. How about posting a pdf of each type with sreenshots on HOW to do a Type Catalog and Lookup Table. As there are people that are totally new to Revit MEP and in South Africa there are no Revit MEP courses appart from the Essentials course

Regards

Marius

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Marius

You don't look like you need too much help as the family and lookup table look okay.

The error is easy to spot for a fresh set of eyes - it is in the first image on the PDF. You have mis-spelled the parameter name in the look up table and hence the family can't find the correct look-up value. It defaults to the value last used in the family. The Parameter should be Chiller Length not Chiller Lenght.

I understand your frustrations as Revit MEP can make you go mad especially when you have limited resources and simple little things can cause such frustration. However, looks like you are doing well with the family creation.

Julian

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

Ha Ha - I tell you I know all this. I must have checked the spelling and case and comma and and and about six times.

I made a copy of my post and your reply and it is going up on our funny board.

Have a great weekend

Message 4 of 4

Marius

One other thing I forgot to add - don't put formulas on the parameters which the catalogue applies values to as it doesn't work. I.e move the formula to calculate the radius of the pipes from the diameter as the catalogue already specifies the diameter size.

Chilled Water Supply Radius = Chilled Water Supply Diameter/2

Regards

Julian

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report