Revit MEP

srva80
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Type catalog parameter help

197 Views, 1 Replies
04-11-2012 01:14 PM

Spoiler

Im creating familes and using type catalogs for manufacturer content. I want to be able to lock text parameters inside the project. ex. I don't want the user accidentally changing the description or model number in the schedule or the type properties.. I know you can lock parameters by using the formula field.

So my question is.. Is there anyway to send information to the the formula fields through type catalogs or any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: Type catalog parameter help

04-12-2012 05:04 AM in reply to: srva80

There is no way to control or input a formula using a Type Catalog. Open the Family and input a formula to lock the desired parameter(s). The Type Catalog will not input or overwrite the data a Parameter that is controlled by a formula.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.