Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Section Panelboards

44 REPLIES 44
Message 1 of 45
Anonymous
6829 Views, 44 Replies

Two Section Panelboards

Does any one know how to make a 2 section panel schedule for panelboards that are more than 42 circuits?

Since the panelboard has to be split, the panel schedule has to be split too.

I tried making the panel number of circuits 84, and revit creates on long panel schedule.

I thought of another way to work around it by using two panels side by side (aligned) but then their panel schedules will both go from 1 to 42. 

I wonder if there is a way to set a panel circuit numbering to start from 43 instead of 1.

44 REPLIES 44
Message 41 of 45
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous -

Regarding your statement: "My problem is that my small power are label start with P like PR1,PY1,PB1 --- and soo on.  Please refer to the picture I insert."

We are making some improvements that you can see in our Preview Release.  As reported on the Revit Roadmap"We also plan to start working on some of the areas of Revit’s electrical functionality that to date have been hard-coded to be rather US centric, with the goal of making it more adoptable in other countries."

If you would like to provide feedback on these capabilities, we would be happy to consider your participation in our beta program (Revit Preview).  Reach out to revit.preview.access@autodesk.com to request to join Revit Preview and we will review your request.

Any further discussion related to this should be handled in the Revit Preview site.  If you are not finding what you need in the Preview site, send me a direct message on these forums, and I'll help guide you.

Thanks!

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Hi Martin, Here is a sample multiple bus bar DB we do in our design and how we label our circuiting for lighting bus bar and power bus bar. This 2 bus bar are in single DB with their own circuit breaker and connected to the main breaker of the DB. 1st image: The DB single line below has 3 separate bus bar with their own protection and all are connected to the main breaker of the DB. For the light circuit we just label R1, Y1, B1, R2, Y2, B2...ETC and for the power just add "P" and start again to circuit number 1 i.e. PR1, PY1, PB1, PR2, PY2, PB2....ETC 2nd Image: Sample multiple bus bar DB Panel Load Schedule.
Message 43 of 45
Martin__Schmid

@Anonymous thank you for sharing... question on the panel schedule, is there a reason this doesn't better align w/ the schematic?  E.g., the schematic shows R1-B3 on one bus, and R4-B9 on a second bus, but this isn't discernible on the schedule... the schedule appears that R1-B9 are all on one bus.

Thanks!

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

you are right because that one is different schematic from different project, I could not find the panrl schedule for that one on my home pc soo I just post from a different project for the panel schedule. I'm just showing that sometimes we put more than 2 seperate bus in a sing DB for different types of loads i.e. lighting, power, control panels for mech motors or sub-db.

Message 45 of 45
Martin__Schmid

@Anonymous  - great, thanks for clarifying!

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report