Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off clearance zones?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MuirEng
7921 Views, 6 Replies

turn off clearance zones?

Hi, I am working with some content from Siemens (P2 panelboard family). The parts come in with clearance zones displayed, and I would like to turn those off in all views. I have only succeded in doing this by editing the family and deleting them. 

The parts also contain an annoying bit model text saying "contact Siemens for configuration"

Is there a better way to hide these additional and unwanted elements? I've played with visibility/graphics but no luck.

part file attached

SiemensP2

thanks

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: MuirEng

If you study the family you can see that it has the (instance) visibility parameters for the visibility.

Panelboard.png

These settings can be made for every instance of the panel board in your project.

Louis

Netherlands

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun

To present another means of turning the clearances off, they are typically placed on a Subcategory. While there is no way to globally turn off a Subcategory, it can be turned off in your View Templates. In order to access this Subcategory, open the V/G Overrides (in a View Template or in a View), find the appropriate Model Category and expand it, and then you can turn off this Subcategory.

ClearanceSubcategory.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
MuirEng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

wow, I swear I tried those two checkboxes before posting.

That works great, thanks!

Corey, fyi I don't have a clearance category under electrical equipment. Capture.JPG

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
L.Maas

You can create your own sub categories when needed. Siemens made a sub-category in this instance. I checked the family.

The clearance in the family is another nested family. This nested family is of the main category "generic model". They made a sub-category "clearance.

So check your project. You should have ünder generic model a sub category named clearance.

SubCategory.png

Louis

Netherlands

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 7
Marvena.Bell
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Just this picture made me remember the steps !!!! Thanks, I was about to pull my hair out lol
Marvena
Message 7 of 7
bsammis

In the VG dialog, if you expand the Electrical (or Mechanical) Equipment category, Clearance is a sub-category that you can turn off. Edit your project view templates so this is the default setting and you'll never have to worry about it again.

Unless of course Siemens built their families incorrectly, which is entirely possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report