Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Printing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
revitworkbench
401 Views, 5 Replies

Trouble with Printing

Ok so now for some reason when I print, it is only printing my annotations and dimensions and leaving out all my model categories. Yet I can plainly see them on my sheet. Has anyone run into this before, or maybe know what the cause might be? Bause Im stumped! thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I am attaching what it looks like

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Are you printing with Raster Processing (under Print Setup)? If so, I would suggest switching it to Vector Processing.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well, I tried changing to vector processing. In print preview, it showed up as it was going to print. Then I selected the 4 sheets I wanted to print. Then it failed. It printed only the annotations again. ??

Thanks,

Michael Mead
BIM Director
Smith & Keene, Inc.
Commercial Division
833 Live Oak Dr.
Chesapeake, VA 23325
Office: 757-420-1231 ex.155
Message 5 of 6
alan.quinn
in reply to: revitworkbench

Try the following:

1. If this is a Worksharing file close it > re-open with Audit checked > Purge > then save-as > project > Options (lower right of save window) > check off Save this file as a new central after save > re-name and save > close > re-open and test printing. Also, check your Warnings.

2. Do you get the same results if you try printing from another PC? 

3. Do all users get the same results?

4. Can you print to PDF?

5. Do you have large coordinates? Open the default 3D view > on keyboard hit ZA (zoom all) > can you see the geometry or this it get really small? If if go small you have an element out in space > find it and delete it.

6. Did the geometry get bigger than the 20 limit?

7. Did a CAD import land outside the 20 mile limit?

Let me know your results.

Message 6 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: alan.quinn

It was an isolated issue. I repaired the program using Autodesk repair. That fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report