Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble linking in files, think the problem is with line weights....

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
atk01160
393 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble linking in files, think the problem is with line weights....

I'm using AutoCAD2011 and RevitMEP2011. Whenever I take a .dwg from CAD and attempt to link it in to my details sheets in Revit, I end up getting the file to link in except that the leaders become gigantic and end up making my sheet unreadable. Everything else looks fine. Is there a simple fix to this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: atk01160

How are you creating your leaders?

paper space - model space?

If it's a qleader check your dimscale override.

Make sure the dwg dimscale is the same as the scale of the view your inserting into.

I personally haven't seen this issue, but it definitely has to do with the scale.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
atk01160
in reply to: Jrobker

I asked one of the more experienced guys at the firm and got a solution for this:

The problem stemmed from AutoCAD - whomever initially created the paper space had copied and pasted the model in rather than creating a viewport. You'll know you have the problem if, after pasting into the paper space, you end up with leader lines that appear to have no arrow (if you zoom in enough, you'll find it). All I had to do was remove the model from the paperspace, create a new viewport there, then adjust the scale back to 1/8. Next, double click into the viewport, select all, and type "chspace". Save. Then, in Revit, reload the link and the problem should fix itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report