Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition malfunction

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
revitworkbench
350 Views, 7 Replies

Transition malfunction

Hi everyone. I have created a transition that is not behaving itself. In the family editor, it works perfectly as expected, but after I load it into its host family, it no longer wants to behave. It may be of some consequence that the transition was originally in the host family and has many alignment constraints on it to hold it in the position where it needs to be, however, I dont see why when I type the length I want into the hosted family in the host family, It refuses to respond, infact none of the other parameters that were working before I reloaded it into the family work either. Its really strange, It works in the family editor, but just ignores its parameter formulas in the host family. Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing? Its really strange, something that is logic driven shouldnt behave illogically. Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Can you post your Family file here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

If you send me your email, I will send you and invite to download it. Thanks
Message 4 of 8

It sounds like same named parameter is used somewhere else in the project, Try to rename all the parameter used in this family with an underscore

Example :Length_XX

IF not, something is wrong with the family and need to be looked at 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun

I have received the files, and I did get a chance to take a quick peek at the Family.

I loaded your transition Family into the VAV and when I placed an instance of it, I could change various parameters (i.e. "Flat on top calc", "Flat on side calc", "Length Override") and the instance of the Family responded as it does with the nested Family open. It may be that the Parameters of the Nested Family were not linked to any Parameter in the Host Family; you will have to select the instance of the transition, and link its Parameters to those that should be driving them by clicking the gray button beside the Parameter under Properties.

If this is not the case, then I've misunderstood the problem and could you explain the steps you are taking?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
revitworkbench

Thanks for taking the time to look at it, but the problem is the one transition that I sent you, is different than the ones already nested in the family. Once loaded in, they no longer respond. I did make sure all the parameters were linked. Thats why im stumped. Once I load the new transition in with the new parameters I placed in it. It stops working altogether in the host family. Even if I just manually change the parameters in the properties pallet, or link them, neither one works.

Message 7 of 8
CoreyDaun

Are you certain you sent the correct transition Family, then? The one I received was titled "S&K Rectangular Transition for VAVs" which appears to respond to changes (when nested in another Family) and is already loaded into the two VAV Families that were sent.

Message 8 of 8
revitworkbench

Yes, Im sure it was the right one. They both have the same name simply because the one I sent separately was newer than the ones currently hosted. If you open the ones that are currently hosted, you will notice that they dont have all the parameters as the transition I sent separately. This was a work in progress that was working, until this one point. If they are still seeming to work, send it back to me, and Ill have a look at what your looking at to make sure Im not missing anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report