Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from horizontal to vertical duct

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1699 Views, 1 Reply

Transition from horizontal to vertical duct

Should be another easy one for someone here:

I'm trying to take a horizontal duct into a shaft space, elbow up 90 degrees, and continue up vertically. When I try to change the offset value of the duct's end duct connection, I get the following 2 error messages:

Error 1 - Can't make type "Rectangular Duct Mitered Elbow : Standard".

&

Error 2 - Element is reversed

I've done a little searching for past topics on this, and people seem to have had similar errors when hooking up to mechanical equipment duct connections in vertical orientations, but I'm just trying to bend a duct up 90 and run vertically (my AHU duct connection is fine).

Thanks in advnace for any help you can give.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Our experience has yielded that "Can't make type" means not enough room for fitting and "Element is reversed" means that you are trying to draw a duct on the "reverse" side of a connector.

Based on your description I would guess that your vertical travel is not long enough to extend past the fitting. When you apply the offset value enter one that is obviously long, like 5 feet. If the fitting is placed then go back and shorten the vertical duct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report