Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring View Templates in Revit 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fred.d.bolen
4243 Views, 4 Replies

Transferring View Templates in Revit 2014

I create custom view templates to aid in controlling my background visibility for each level and sometimes have multiple models for the same project. In 2013 I was able to transfer custom view templates from one project to another using 'Transfer Project Standards'. In 2014, transferring my view templates results in the view template being "reset" to 'by host'. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: fred.d.bolen

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue in a quick test. From your description, you mean that the settings of the View Template seem to be overridden by the one that's been Transferred from another Project? Specifically, with the 'Revit Links' V/G Settings?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
fred.d.bolen
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Correct, Revit Links settings. These would be brand new to a new model. When the view templates are transferred, instead of being set to custom, they are set to by host as if they had been overridden. Sounds like others in our office are having the same issues.

This message and any attachments contain information intended for a specific party and may include sensitive or confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by reply and then permanently delete this message and all attachments.
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: fred.d.bolen

Would you be able to post the template here? Or send it to me in an email if you'd prefer?

EDIT: That's if you're using Transfer Project Standards from a Project Template.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
dl
Observer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

As far as I know it has never been possible to preserve setting under RVT links when using Transfer Project Standards between files. I would love to know otherwise.

Ops! I've logged in with my Autodesk Subscription Account again... I'm actually user duncan.lithgow

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report