Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace - imported wall properties?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
embolisim
358 Views, 2 Replies

Trace - imported wall properties?

We are doing some experimenting with exporting from Revit to gbXML & importing that into Trace.

It seems to be working sucesfully, but the guys who know how to use Trace (not me) are saying they can only bring in the geometry, not the wall constructions & thermal properties.... not even the default space values.

Also, if the wall is made up of more that one wall type (this is common around here, but we would typically only model the main wall type for thermal analysis) they get multiple faces per wall that they need to define properties for.

The whole thing is starting to look more labour intensive than just manually entering the information into Trace.

Is this the case? Or are we missing something?

TIA.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CADFLL
in reply to: embolisim

From what I am seeing and being told the time saving is in the geometry. You still need to build the templates for the wall types and then select them for the space.

It's a catch 22 to me. You can speed up your work (lot, little, somewhat) but of all steps in the HVAC design you want to not rush doing your heatloads.

Message 3 of 3
embolisim
in reply to: CADFLL

Thanks for that.

We have a building science student doing some testing for us to see if we can speed up our-workflow, so far it looks like not much. 

The time we save bringing the geometry in, we are going to loose again verifying & simplifying the architects model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report