Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

total control of syncing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RJK42
357 Views, 2 Replies

total control of syncing

When you create a new local from the central model, you are working in the local then when you are ready to update the model, you sync.  While working in your new local, there are times when your local will talk to the central even when you are not clicking the sync button, correct?

If thats the case is it possible to set it in a way that you once you create a new local from the central, you can prevent the local you're working on from talking to the central model until you click the sync or clicking "reload latest"??

It seems that because I sometimes work from home, this lags a lot but I can work.  It just takes about 4 times as longs as if I'm at my office. I would like "total control" of when the local talks to the model.  I think that will help with the lag.

Im in 2013 Revit

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RJK42

The communication basically comes from your Local File checking the ownership of each of the elements that you are manipulating, and this is not limited to the model elements in the Project. The Views, Family definition, Project Settings, etc. are all elements of the Project that one must take ownership of in a Local file in order to edit. You can alleviate this by "Checking Out" (marking as editable) the Worksets you plan on working on at home. In the "Worksets" dialog under the Collaborate tab, you will see additional settings at the bottom that control which Worksets are displayed in the list. Check the appropriate boxes and you can then "Check Out" the desired Views, etc. that you need. Note that, or course, no one else will be able to edit these elements as long as you own them.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: RJK42

Everything that Corey D said and see this link. http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2013/ENU/?caas=caas/vhelp/help-dev-autodesk-com/v/Revit/enu/2013/H...

Thanks for posting.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report