Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Live Link Arch Revit Model or NOT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Candy5l
634 Views, 3 Replies

To Live Link Arch Revit Model or NOT

I am wondering if I could get opinions on the subject of Live Linking Architecturals or to NOT Live Link for MEP.   I find that there are more negative reasons than positives ones so we have been detaching, purging and auditing and reloading arch model at scheduled times in order to allow time for MEP to address their work and allow arch to play around with scenerios without impacting MEP.  Perhaps things have changed for Revit MEP 2013?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Candy5l

In my opinion, continue the way you are working.  I much prefer to just link in arch and structural.  Once the project is done, the architect can bind them all together if they want.

Message 3 of 4
asommer
in reply to: Candy5l

DETATCH, Purge, Audit, Reload - Why the Detatch?  That would un-host all face hosted families, won't it?  When I get a new Arch model, I save it as with a date on the end and Purge.  I then open up the MEP central, Manage tab, select the old Arch file, hit "RELOAD FROM" , and select the new model.  Then you won't have to re-host everything.

The "Live Link" confused me...

Is the issue that the file is slow?

Message 4 of 4
julianjameson8403
in reply to: asommer

Detach the Arch Model from the Arch Central file as any changes you make to the link can be passed back to the Arch Central file due to increased ability to access linked files.

This shouldn't affect hosting providing the Architect doesn't delete and remodel elements. Provided the elements remain in the project and are swapped around then the ID links in the database should remain.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report