Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three way switches-take three

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
pj
Contributor
6484 Views, 9 Replies

Three way switches-take three

So, I've been reading past messages from people who have problems with creating three way switches and their return messages siad that there's no way at all to create a three way switch.  Is that true?  THe reaseon I'm asing because on the book, it said that you click on the fixture and click switch, but it didn't work at all.  So if there is a way to create a three way switch that would make the wiring work.  Please please let me know.

THank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: pj

At this time, Revit does not support automated creation of 3-way switches. The work around is to manually add the annotation.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but this request has already been logged with our Development group who are looking at possibly implementing it. If you would like to add your comments or requests about this issue, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group. I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 10

this was in 2012. what is your excuse now?

Message 4 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: cbrown28PKUD4

Way to ask nicely.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 10
cbrown28PKUD4
in reply to: RobDraw

As someone who has worked with autodesk software for 10 years and worked directly for a reseller dealing with customer complaints on a daily basis for something this simple I no longer ask nicely. I expect a mutli billion dollar company to fix nonsense like this within a reasonable amount of time. 10 years is more than enough

Message 6 of 10

I would also add that as engineering companies all over the world decide to switch over from Autocad or CAD based softwares to BIM softwares like Revit. Seeing things like this so simple that have still not been fixed they laugh at Autodesk like they are a joke. Trying to sell Revit to someone and then tell them they have use an autocad manual workflow for something as simple as a threeway switch is not a good incentive to invest thousands of dollars. They might as well stick with what they have since they wont save time. When potential customers see this they think "hmmm what else is wrong with this 3000$ software, no thanks"

Message 7 of 10
bsammis

I've been asking for a fix for this issue (not just 3-way switches, but control systems in general - 3-ways aren't really relevant anymore).

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/light-switch-systems/idi-p/6494064

That is at least the third idea/whatever the previous format was I've submitted.  They clearly simply do not give a ****.

Message 8 of 10
RobDraw

@cbrown28PKUD4wrote:

As someone who has worked with autodesk software for 10 years and worked directly for a reseller dealing with customer complaints on a daily basis for something this simple I no longer ask nicely.

This forum is a peer to peer user forum. You are talking to people like you, not AutoDesk. You've already been directed to the Ideas forum. The complaint department is down the hall to your left/

Rob

Message 9 of 10
cbrown28PKUD4
in reply to: RobDraw

Check again, my reply was to the user labeled as Autodesk Support. NO time for nonsense, Autodesk needs to realize these complaints are in there favor and ignoring them will simply turn people away from buying their software

Message 10 of 10
RobDraw

Unfortunately we can't see who you responded to. Regardless, you're still preaching to the choir.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report