Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three way switches and tick marks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
pj
Contributor
800 Views, 10 Replies

Three way switches and tick marks

Hello.

How can I connect a three-way switch?  I know because it has something to do with tick marks, but it won't let me do that either.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: pj

Multiple switches cannot be connected to a Switch System. This has been a long standing issue in Revit. You can connect one of the switches to the system, but the Switch ID for additional switches must be entered manually.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
pj
Contributor
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I'm sorry what do you mean.  Somebody told me that the three way switches has something to do with the tick marks on the wire.  But I don't know how to get the tick marks on the wire either.

Message 4 of 11
pj
Contributor

I don't understaind your comment before your last.

Message 5 of 11
abulla

I don't think wire tick marks would have anything to do with 3-way switching. As mentioned, the switching system in Revit is pretty broken still, the best you can do is show your switching the old fashioned way, with wires.

Message 6 of 11
pj
Contributor
in reply to: abulla

So there no way to get the tick marks on the wire.

I tried to turn them off/on on the properties.  But there's no way?

Dang Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 11
abulla

In your Electrical Settings under Wiring, you have to specify what tick marks you want to use for hot, neutral, and ground (make sure they're loaded, Annotations->Tick Marks).

Message 8 of 11
CoreyDaun

Can you post an image of what you ultimately wish to accomplish?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 9 of 11
pj
Contributor
in reply to: CoreyDaun

OK

The first picture shows the wiring without tick marks.

The second picture shows the properties that I'm trying to make the wiring have tickmarks.  Under tick marks shows ON.

The thrid picture shows the properties that I'm trying to make the wiring have tickmarks.  Under tick marks shows CALCUATING.

The last picture shows the properties that I'm trying to make the wiring have tickmarks.  Under tick marks shows OFF.

I hope this helps you to help me.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
CoreyDaun

OK. So it's just a tick mark issue - it looks like they're not loaded. Go to Insert Tab » Load Family and browse to Annotations/TickMarks and select all of the files shown and click 'OK'. Then go to Manage Tab » MEP Settings » Electrical Settings. Select "Wiring" in the left panel and you will see the Tick Mark settings. Change these to the appropriate value.

Message 11 of 11
pj
Contributor

OK you're right.  The tick marks have nothing to do with tthree way switches.  But I still cannot make those switches connect at all.  I followed the 2011 book and it still won't work.  The main problem right now is three way switches. Smiley Mad  Grrr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report