Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threaded pipe fitting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mgouveia
2932 Views, 3 Replies

Threaded pipe fitting

The threaded - MI - Class 150 pipe fittings cut the pipe off at the outside edge of the fitting, so when I tag the pipe the length is too short since it doesn't include the pipe that would be screwed into the fitting.

On 1"-2" pipe that is about .625" on each end.  There is no way to use a formula in the Pipe Tag since it is a "System Family" so, has anyone gone about changing all the family's to have the pipe fit into the fitting?

Or, how can I show the actual length of the pipe without having to manually calculate it and manually enter it and then forget to change it when I have to move a head cause some arch added a wall.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mgouveia

The pipe connectors would need to be set to geometry representing the thread depth in the elbow family. I moved the connectors in this elbow for an example haven't tested though.

Message 3 of 4
mgouveia

Nice!  It almost works, but it flips the elbow 180 and doesn't connect it to the next pipe.  But at least I know it is possible!  How did you move the connectors? Do you think it would be necessary to create a void in the fitting?   I am new to Revit and Family's are not my strong suit.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The fitting posted was modified a little incorrectly.  The connectors "angle" parameter was not tied to the "Angle" parameter of the family and the connectors were not linked.  Try this one instead.

To answer your question, you can't actually move connectors, you have to delete the old and create new ones.  When you do this, I would recommend creating your new connectors using the "Fittings" system type, then checking the old connectors to make sure your "Angle" and "Radius" parameters are reading the same parameters as the old.  When all is good, delete to the old connectors, load it into your model (but don't close the modified family) and test it.  If it doesn't work, go back to the modified family and use the undo feature to back up and figure out what went wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report