Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not rotating on receptacle

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1056 Views, 6 Replies

Text not rotating on receptacle

Argh! I can't get my tag to remain 0 degrees not matter what surface the receptacle is on. I did accomplish this once previously on a family created in 2008, and cannot recreate the change. I edited the family, edited the receptacle annotation tag, loaded, loaded, etc... It is being stubborn.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My answer to this question, as far as I can tell, either keeps the annotation at 0 degrees or 90 degrees. There is no other way to force it all to 0 degrees.
Message 3 of 7
KyleB_Autodesk

Stacey,
What insertion mode are you using for your Tag during insertion? That's the drop down selector in the Options Bar during insertion.

This is a slightly unrelated note, but do you know you can toggle the rotation of your tags by hitting the Spacebar during insertion?

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager Message was edited by: Kyle B [Autodesk]

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Um... Placing the receptacle on vertical face.

And I think the text is a label, not a tag... although I am not sure if I am identifying these properly. (Tags vs. labels?)

The receptacle has a generic annotation family associated with it, along with the symbology the way 'we want it'.

The annotation family has the keep text readable check box checked... (which prevents it from being upside down). I know the rotation of the whole thing will change with the space bar, but just the label? If this is true, is this a new thing?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It is the label that won't stay horizontal. As you can see in the attached image file, it rotates horizontal or 90d depending on the wall. Each symbol is different and has a prespecified height, as well as a different plan symbol. I have figured out the symbol types for our standards, but the label text is not "cooperating".

I am assuming the light switch annotation symbols will show up similarly.

I would rather keep the symbology as is with the associated labels, than try and tag things separately.

Thanks
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Had the same issue. Don't think we found a solution, but I'll check.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

No, we didn't find a solution. We had some showing horizontally, some vertically, as per your screenshot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report