Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
377 Views, 4 Replies

Text Issues

How can i make my text stand out? We use Romans text with a width factor of 0.8 and it comes out vvery light on the drawings. When we change the line types only the leader gets darker, text stays the same. We have made the text bold but not sure if that is the only to make it darker. Any help would be great. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We had the same problem and ended up switching our standard font to a true type font that prints darker. As far as I know, you can't control how dark (or light) text prints, other than setting it to bold. We made the switch across the board (in Revit and AutoCAD) to be consistent on our construction documents.
Message 3 of 5
abulla

Yeah Revit doesn't seem to like RomanS, we've had to change to Arial.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Revit was designed to use TrueType fonts (this was before Autodesk owned it) and it does not support the SHX type fonts usually associated with AutoCAD. These are in some cases 25+ years old and unfortunately for AutoCAD users - you need to change.
This can be done using font mapping if you are planning to import dwgs into Revit, But seeing as you will need to revisit your company drafting / documentation standards, now is the time to change the font across the board.
Not very helpful if you don't want to change - but that's new technology for you, sometime you have to (and should) move on.

Simon
Message 5 of 5
Jrobker

That's right.
You no longer have control of your company standards.
We have changed many, including the font.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report