Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Scheduling by Level

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
Schmit01
3076 Views, 32 Replies

Terminal Scheduling by Level

Can someone please explain to me the logic as to why some schedules can be filtered by level and others not. Why is it I can do it with a Mechanical equipment schedule but not with the Terminal schedule?

Yes you can create a work around by using multiple category schedules and then just filter family type but then you lose some of the paramters specific to that familiy. I mean if I have a 20 story building and I need to create terminal schedules by floor whats the correct way to go about it?

Ryan

Revit MEP 2013

South Africa  

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Schmit01

The issue is that depending on the template used, "Level" may actually be a number of different parameters. For the default air terminals in the template,there is a parameter called Level. However, for the face hosted terminals, there is a parameter called Schedule Level.

The workaround at this time would be to use a multi-category schedule, or add a shared parameter to the terminals and add the level information there.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but the request to have the "Level" parameter added to the list of scheduled parameters for Air Terminals has already been logged with our Development group.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 33
lsop1409
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Does anyone know if this has been resolved yet?

I am running 2014, has this been resolved in 2015?

I still cannot schedule air terminals by level (or schedule level) and do not want to add a shared parameter to my air terminals and add level info manually from there. If I were to do this it adds yet more work to the schedules so might as well do them the original way = outside of revit.

Message 4 of 33
Schmit01
in reply to: lsop1409

Iso1409

2015 is the same. In the end the soloution I chose I applied to all my families and works very well for me. 

I created a shared parameter called "Family Calergory" that I applied to all my families. ie Air Terminal, Split, Damper, AHU ect. Then created a Multi Category Schedules, filtered by the family catergorie and level. The schedule is then automatic from there. No manual input is needed. 

A lot of work in the biggining but you save plenty in the long run with future projects and revisions. 

Hope it helps. 

Message 5 of 33
lsop1409

Thankyou for posting a good workaround/solution.

Message 6 of 33
lsop1409
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Chris.Aquino

As this was over 2 years ago and

'We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but the request to have the "Level" parameter added to the list of scheduled parameters for Air Terminals has already been logged with our Development group.'

What is the result of the above, has this been addressed in the last 2 years or simply ignored?

Message 7 of 33
lsop1409

Schmit01

Hi, is the level parameter you are referring to a shared parameter that you have created yourself as when I select 'level' from available fields in my Multi-Category schedule it schedules the item along with the level fine, but list all levels from my project.

I have obviously tried to filter by this level parameter in filters but it is not visible.

Thanks

Message 8 of 33
Schmit01

Iso1409

It is a Revit Parameter. 

I just created one from scratch, and it works fine for me. Just make sure you started with a multi gaetegory schedule and not and family specific one. 

If it doesnt work, you can send me an example and I can look at it for you. 

Message 9 of 33
lsop1409

I will create a new shared parameter as you have suggested.

The only way I can see this working is to manually add the level to this parameter for EVERY instance in the project, is this correct as on larger projects this will take a significant amount of time and also introduce the possibility for errors if adding that data is missed, defeating the purpose of Revit's 'intelligent/up-to-date scheduling.

It is however a good workaround when combined with the use of filters to add the values to the level parameter.

Thanks again

Message 10 of 33
Schmit01

There is no need to create a level parameter and to have to manually apply the levels. 

The only shared parameter you need to create is the "Family Category" to filter the different parts for that specific schedule. 

All my schedules are automatic without any input. 

Message 11 of 33
bvm76

This can be done without any additional shared parameters by adding either "Space:Level" of "Room: Level" to schedule fields and use this for your filter.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 12 of 33
Schmit01
in reply to: bvm76

If the architect you working with is using Revit. I dont have time to model up a hospital. Would rather set up the elevations and plans with DWG's. 

Message 13 of 33
bvm76

yes you're correct. my previous post is only applicable if your background is done in revit (post did not mention about dwg background).
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 14 of 33
SohaibH

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer, 

Woundering if the Development Group have developed a better workflow since your answer. Woulb be nice if they did.

Would be nicer, not for Air Terminals only, but for the whole system. Smiley Wink

Thanks 

-Sohaib

Message 15 of 33
SohaibH

Hi,

Would you please write the steps for us?

As simpel as possible please.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sohaib

Message 16 of 33
SohaibH

Did you manage it? if yes, please tell me how?

Message 17 of 33
ToanDN
in reply to: SohaibH

Create spaces and add spaces: level field to the terminal schedule.

Message 18 of 33
SohaibH
in reply to: ToanDN

How would I do that?

Message 19 of 33
ToanDN
in reply to: SohaibH

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 20 of 33
SohaibH
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you.

Am sure it will work, but not with me. I tried but I think because of the linked .dwg drawing, the I can't get it properly.

Thank you for your efforts dear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report