Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tenant work and shell work on the same plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mojova
210 Views, 4 Replies

tenant work and shell work on the same plan

The current project I'm working on will have "Tenant" work and "Shell" work showing on the same set of plans with the shell work showing dark/continuous and tenant work showing light/dashed on the Shell drawings and vice versa for the Tenant drawings. I was thinking that view templates could be used for each option but I have yet to work much with filters and I am unsure as to the best way to selectively choose portions of ductwork, lights, receptacles, diffusers, etc. to be associated with either the shell or tenant work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mojova

What you want to use are phases. It's a bit too much to describe here but there are already two phases built into every project, existing and new. In the Settings menu you can add phases and control the visibility. I found this tutorial with a quick google search, hopefully it will get you on your way.
[http://www.revitzone.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=232&Itemid=34]
Message 3 of 5
mojova

I'm not sure that I'll be able to use phasing, although I think the options could be changed a bit to allow it, but for now I don't think it's possible.

the problem, as I see it, is that I have the two scenarios, tenant & shell, but they are essentially constructed at the same time and only are shown different for pricing purposes. There is also existing work that will remain (duct mains, piping mains, some equipment) that both the new tenant and new shell work will connect to. I could use a different phase for each and then use graphic overrides to control the appearance of each in relation to each other. But, Revit wants to treat the different phases in sequence, so when I'm looking to control whatever I've called the last phase whether it is new construction, or phase 2 or whatever, all the other previous phases then show as "existing" when only what I've labeled existing should be shown that way. If the graphic override included options for controlling the visibility of each phase that was created that could help, or maybe there is a way.

Also, the graphic override is basically set for the entire project and would need to switch when printing between the two scenarios. Not sure if this makes any sense at all (it's really confusing the hell out of me) but I'm just not seeing it being done with the phase filters.

Also, what is done with tags in phasing? they don't have a default phase selection so they seem to show the same regardless of which phase...which definitely doesn't make much sense so I may be WAY off on that one.

Thanks,
Mike
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

".... If the graphic override included options for controlling the visibility of each phase that was created that could help, or maybe there is a way."

• Project parameters could well be the way forward here, assigning them to objects that are ‘tenant' or ‘shell' and then applying view filters that way - I'd recommend having a play with this

"Also, what is done with tags in phasing? they don't have a default phase selection so they seem to show the same regardless of which phase...which definitely doesn't make much sense so I may be WAY off on that one. "

• This is where you need more views, have one set of views for ‘Tenant' and one for ‘Shell', place tags in each view that are relavent
Message 5 of 5
mojova

Thanks Simon! using the project parameters and filters worked like a charm.

I'm still a bit unsure as to how I'll use the tags....typically we've shown tags for both tenant and shell on each sheet but screened the text according to which was showing. meaning tenant box tag on a shell sheet would show as very light, and shell box tag would show as normal, and the opposite for tenant sheets it would be nice to apply the visibility filters that i've created for the other work to apply to ths...

i plan on having multiple view (at least two for each floor for both tenant and shell). I suppose it would not be the worst thing to not have shell annotation on a tenant sheets so maybe that would work out best.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report