Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags visible in elevation but not in section?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MuirEng
268 Views, 3 Replies

Tags visible in elevation but not in section?

Hi, thanks again to the community for ongoing help as I come up to speed with the software.

I have wall full of electrical equipment modelled up and it looks great. I've placed some equipment tags that idenfify everything on the elevation, but I realize that the sheet should best contain a section in order to remove the view through the opposite wall. But the section doesn't show these tags...

Do I need to retag everything on the section?

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: MuirEng

Tags are View-specific, and only exist in the View in which they were created. You will have to re-Tag these elements in the Section View. On the positive side, these Tags will retain their associated with the host Element, so if the host Element is either moved or deleted, the associated Tags in all Views will be similarly moved or deleted.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
MuirEng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

okay, understood. I'll get in the habit of tagging the view that will end up on sheet. Thanks once again.

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: MuirEng

In the future, please select as a solution the post that solved your problem, instead of your own post.

xtn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report