Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tagging IFC Parameters once imported into Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rbutts
3387 Views, 4 Replies

tagging IFC Parameters once imported into Revit

I have imported some duct work into Revit from an IFC file. I adjusted the mapping for the import so that the duct was recognised in Revit as Duct as opposed to just a Generic Model. By selecting a piece of duct and the selecting Edit Type I am able to see all the parameters that I need such as Piece Number, Size, Elevation, etc. However when I try to tag the duct I am not able to select any of the IFC Parameters for the tag. At the very best I am able to tag the ifcGUID in Revit 2015 but that is all. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: rbutts

Thanks for Flagging this out, I guess the new IFC insert feature doesn't behave as supposed to. I will flag this to our development team.

In the meanwhile, Open an IFC file instead of inserting it then save it as revit file, then link it to your project and then bind it, ungroup it. And you will be able to tag it.

In case you need more data in your tag, create a shared Parameter which will be used for Project Parameter and select all the Duct Categories. And use this ShareParameter for your tag. At least for now you will be able to tag some info.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 5
rbutts
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Thanks for the quick response. There is some relief in knowing that I didn't spend hours looking for a solution that was right under my nose. I tried the method you suggested for tagging but unfortunately I need to tag information in the ifc parameters and that is still not an option for me. Looks as though I will have to wait for a solution to be added to Revit. 

Message 4 of 5
KIMRAMFI

The problem in here is that the parameters which comes with the IFC are just only Project parameters and you can´t use them in tagging. Only solution what I have found and done is to create new shared parameters into "Default Template for IFC import" and after opening the IFC I transfer with dynamo those IFC Project parameter inputs into new shared parameter fields. 

You can read more about the dynamo workflow from: https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/copy-multiple-parameter-values-to-another-parameter-field/2728

Now I have problem with this workflow because if the IFC model is updated i lose all my tags because tags are not indetified by objects ifcGUID.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

hello,

could you please attach the mapping table to show how you adjusted the mapping for importing Duct. When i map and import the ducts are shown as pipes.

Thank you.

Suman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report