Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Diversified Receptacles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wilsonjustin1300
529 Views, 4 Replies

Tagging Diversified Receptacles

In Revit MEP 2011 I can put multiple connector elements on a receptacle. I can then connect the receptacle to two different branch panels to create a diversified circuit. The receptacle(s) will show up on both panel schedules. 

When I tag the receptacle only the first panel name and circuit number show up in the tag, is there a way to have a tag show both panels and circuit numbers?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is an issue that I had also with light fixtures with two ballasts on different circuits. As far as I have been told, researched, and experimented, secondary connectors cannot be tagged. You would have to employ Shared Parameters to accomplish this task, which requires manual inputs.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

So I did just that. Created a shared parameter and added it to the tag and receptacle. I also created a fixture schedule with the shared parameter included, and unchecked "itemize every instance", that way If I have to enter the info manually I can at least do it once for multiple instances. This is definitely a work-around , and hopefully it won't come around to burn us in the long run, especially when the deliverable is tomorrow and a list of changes just came in. I hope Autodesk can adress it in future versions.
Message 4 of 5

I actually found an alternative solution from a forum that I subscribe to.

Re: Tagging Diversified Receptacles
In Response To:  JWilson18

Hello,

Actually you can tag multiple connectors in a receptacle with the Panel Name & Circuit Number information.  My 2 Gang Duplex Split-Switched Receptacle has 4 connectors and I was able to tag every connector with the circuiting info needed.  How?  By creating a short wire (three clicks) from each connector and by tagging these wires.  See attached image.  Isn't it wonderful? Wires are the only Revit objects that I know of that can pick up the circuiting information from each connector inside the same family instance.  You have to be careful though when you move this receptacle because you need to select all tags and wires with your receptacle for everything to follow up.

Hope this helps,

Aldo.

Attachments Summary List
2 Gang Duplex Split-Switched Receptacle.png;
Click the attachment icon to left to view & download the Attachments. Please note that it is suggested to use Internet Explorer when downloading attachments to ensure proper file type translation
Message 5 of 5

Another work-around solution to something that should be basic and simple, but it works. Being careful about moving the devices will be a pain, but manageable. Thanks a ton for posting that information.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report