Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tag with "if then"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
397 Views, 3 Replies

tag with "if then"

Hi all,

I would like to have a pipe tag that indicate the text "u.f." (under floor) when the offset of this pipe is negative.

is it possible to create this ?

thanks,

Menno de Vries

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not see a solution to do this automatically. In the newer Revit version you can tag offset (start or end).

As pipes are system families, modifications possible are limited and if-then formulas seem not to be possible.

A manual option would be to add a family parameter (e.g. AddUFSuffix) to the pipe category.

In the project add the same parameter as project parameter and attach it to the pipe category.

Then you would have to select all the underground pipes in your project and add "u.f." in the AddUFSuffix parameter

Probably not the solution you were looking for.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

This is not directly possible. Tags can only report the target data, and cannot function on formulas based on the targeted Parameters. And Offset is a System Parameter, it is not possible to create a Shared Parameter that is driven by a formula. You will have to control the text "u.f." manually, in one of two ways:

1. Create a Shared Parameter (Text/Instance) and add this to the Project and to your Tag. You can manually enter "u.f." into that Parameter under each element's Properties.

2. You can create an additional Family Type in the Tag Family to display the "u.f.". Place the Text element, create a Yes/No (Type) Parameter to control its Visibility, create an additional Family Type, and set the value of the Yes/No Parameter as appropriate for each Type.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for all answers.

Now I know that it is not possible and can I stop searching.

Menno

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report