Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tag for pipe accessory

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
alan.jackson
10851 Views, 11 Replies

tag for pipe accessory

i am trying to tag an air separator. which tag family is correct?

thanks

-
aj
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Alan,
Depends on what info you want in the tag. I suspect it's easiest just to make a tag yourself, it's quite simple, just set the Family Category to Pipe Accessory Tag, and then define the Parameters you want to show up.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager
http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
alan.jackson
in reply to: alan.jackson

excellent

i was not aware of the Family Category option under Settings. i just duplicated a Tag and changed that setting.

thanks

-
aj
Message 4 of 12

Glad to help.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12

my system tells me to load the "pipe accessory tags", but when I go to look for them they are no where to be found.
Message 6 of 12

my system tells me to load the "pipe accessory tags", but when I go to look for them they are no where to be found.
Message 7 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: stevemarquiss

stevemarquiss wrote:
"my system tells me to load the "pipe accessory tags", but when I go to look for them they are no where to be found."

You will have to create one, which is pretty easy. Go to the Application Menu (the big "R") and to New ► Family. In the Annotations folder, just select the "Generic Tag" as your Template, and once it's open, click "Family Categories and Parameters" (the icon with the image of a folder) and select "Pipe Accessories" from the list of Categories. Hit 'OK'. Now all you have to do is place a Label and then configure that Label to report the desired Parameters.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 12
stevemarquiss
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey D. I remember seeing this procedure somewhere in the last 3-4 months of learning Revit. But, there's been too much and i needed this reminder. I've been using Lynda.com for video training, but their outlines aren't always detailed enough and I couldn't find the subject in their outline. So, thanks.
Message 9 of 12

hy, i need help with placing pipes in 3d model in revit 2015. when i select objects and want them to place, all i see is lines, not models, can someone help me with loading pipe accessories family into revit

thx

Message 10 of 12
fabiosato
in reply to: novokmet.ivan

Hello,

If you want to have the 3D representation, change the view detail level to fine.

Regarding the pipe accessories, you need to load them, use the Load Family command in the Insert tab, browse in the library after the pipes accessories.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
novokmet.ivan
in reply to: fabiosato

Where to find pipe library? I need classic pođeš for deset and water supply

Poslano s mobitela sa sustavom Windows 10
Message 12 of 12
fabiosato
in reply to: novokmet.ivan

Hello,

Victaulic and Charlotte Pipe have some fittings, the pipes should be set in the project file since they are system families.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report