Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Not Well Connected

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
asommer
1048 Views, 2 Replies

System Not Well Connected

I know this has been in countless posts before, I can't find them.  Does anyone have a procedure for checking items when this comes up?  I just spent ALL DAY trying to figure this out, but NOTHING is wrong with my system.  it is calculating flow values in the "System Browser", but no STATIC PRESSURE.  Every object has an Ashrae Table or a Specific Loss (yes, I went through 3 floors, fitting by fitting) associated to them.  Flow direction on diffusers is right, Preset/Calculated is correct for diffusers and equipment.....

Oh, yeah, Revit 2012.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
julianjameson8403
in reply to: asommer

It's not just Revit 2012, it's all Revit versions that have this stupid meaningless message that makes us users waste countless hours trying to get it to work!!

I had a similar issue on a current project and found that sometimes if I verified that elements were perpendicular to each other (where obviously 90 deg was needed) and making sure that elements where in alignment along a run, especially where you transition between horizontal and vertical, this solved the problem. That said I still have two systems that show that message no matter what I try.

I also have one message where an air terminal is ducted to an AHU and despite the connectors being set correctly the system can't calculate anything as it reckons the connectors are all set the same, i.e preset or calculated. As I mentioned to Martin S in a previous post - I think that by making the systems "Simpler" for users to specify that a pipe/duct can be any type of system rather than using connectors to drive it, this leads to more hassle for us, especially if you are not regimented in setting up your system prior connecting the dots with pipes/ducts.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

I am new to Revit and problems like you mentioned is really slowing me down.

What I do is; turn on "Check Duct Systems" from the start and design my system in small increments.

If there is a problem like this occurs I delete all the duct segments up to last good one and redraw it.

It works... 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report