Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbols legends?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mmcglone
3165 Views, 3 Replies

Symbols legends?

Can anyone give me some direction on creating a symbols legend in revit.  Currently I am using ACAD to import a legend.  I am hoping there is an easier way because I don't want to try and draft all the symbols from revit in cad.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mmcglone

Currently, there is no automatic generation of such, as you know. We currently have our various symbol lists (the more static ones) drawn as Detail Families, which we import into Drafting Views, which we drop onto the Sheet View. Regarding our more flexible symbols lists, our experiments and trials to have some level of automation have not yielded results that justify the staggering effort behind them...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
mmcglone
in reply to: CoreyDaun

::sigh:: thanks CADastrophe.  Looks like another thing to add to the list of wants for revit MEP.

Message 4 of 4
embolisim
in reply to: mmcglone

I basically re drew all our AutoCAD legends in Revit. Now I've changed jobs & I'm doing it again.

Ideally, you should use the symbol families out of your 3D families to build the legend up from. But I've found its more pragmatic to start with an imported AutoCAd one & improve it over time.

Bear in mind that you cant use the Import from File function on Legends, so make them Drafting Views, if you want to build a standard one that can be used on other projects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report