Revit MEP

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 11 of 17 (192 Views)

Re: Symbol scaling

12-20-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: bvanallen

bvanallen wrote:

"Cadastrophe, I see!! Without a proper source to actually learn revit I've been having to scour the net for tips & tricks then learn the rest myself and hope it works..."

I can relate - the only "official" training was a 3-Day [useless] course, but I was already beyond the level of the course, and the instructor could not answer any of my questions! Not one! Anyway, I've essentially self-taught myself Revit, but I wish I had found these forums early on. My advice is to use this resource as much as possible - there are a ton of answers here, so search first, and then ask if you don't find anything! Good luck - I'll likely be around if you need anything!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 12 of 17 (184 Views)

12-20-2012 10:26 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Cadastrophe, thank you for the gift of the 'solid hatch half' symbol. I have been struggling with the emergency fixture symbol and this is the perfect solution. I always appreciate your contributions. Happy holidays and merry new year.

Diane M
Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 13 of 17 (184 Views)

12-20-2012 10:27 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I havn't done much with the subjects in this thread, but I suspect I may find a use for this.  Would you mind posting a shot that compares a standard symbol, with one with this adaptive feature?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 14 of 17 (171 Views)

12-20-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: RandMan

DMaurer-Veca wrote:

"Cadastrophe, thank you for the gift of the 'solid hatch half' symbol. I have been struggling with the emergency fixture symbol and this is the perfect solution. I always appreciate your contributions. Happy holidays and merry new year."

You more than welcome, Diane - happy to help! You have a great Holiday and New Year as well.

ran wrote:

"I havn't done much with the subjects in this thread, but I suspect I may find a use for this.  Would you mind posting a shot that compares a standard symbol, with one with this adaptive feature?"

Well, there's really not much that can be demonstrated by an image - the stadard lighting fixture is drawn with and represented by Detail Lines. The Detail Item Family (the hatch) is just a constrained Filled Region that can bee added to any rectangular fixture, even the "Out Of The Box" Families. Just let me know if I misunderstood you.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 15 of 17 (170 Views)

12-20-2012 11:08 AM in reply to: RandMan

See attached for sample.

Diane M
Contributor
CVMN0501
Message 16 of 17 (156 Views)

12-20-2012 04:41 PM in reply to: CVMN0501

We'll i haven't solved one of my concerns, please see image below.

Capture.PNG

You can see the difference in the two by they're presentation. Generic annotation looks good, but the problem is if i had 2 drawings at different scales, in most cases drawings with overview at scales at 1:500 and split views at 1:100, the symbol for sprinkler would be very huge at the scale of 500. While Detail Item solves this, i got a dillema of hiding objects underneath the symbol as you can see in the image above.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 17 of 17 (151 Views)

12-21-2012 05:29 AM in reply to: CVMN0501

If it appears that Generic Annotations is the only way to go, then you may have to create an additional version of the Annotation Family to account for the desired scale and put it on a dedicated Detail Level. For instance, I would open the Generic Annotation Family, select all of the elements and go to V/G Overrides to make them hidden on Detail Level Medium. Then I would copy the elements off to the side and scale them to accommodate for the difference in scale, and set those elements to appear only on Detail Level: Medium. On the appropriate Views, you can set the Detail Level of the entire View or select Categories to Detail Level: Medium to display the desired annotation symbol size.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.