Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summing parameters of grouped spaces in a schedule?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ArynBergman
1002 Views, 1 Reply

Summing parameters of grouped spaces in a schedule?

Is it possible to sum parameters of grouped spaces in a schedule?  For example, I have spaces in a datacenter hall where 4 of them are supplied by a single common airshaft.  I've created a shared parameter for the spaces called AllocatedAirshaft.  I would like to group the spaces based upon the AllocatedAirshaft value and do a grand total of the Actual Power Load for the spaces that are grouped together.  Is that possible or does anybody have a workaround that doesn't require exporting out of Revit?  We'd like for the schedule to be updated in realtime.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ArynBergman

Yes, that is very possible. In order to group items in a Schedule based on a common parameter value, go to your Schedule View's Properties » Sorting/Grouping tab. Here, you can define the sort order which can include up to four parameters. There is also a checkbox at the bottom of this dialog, "Itemize every instance", which controls whether or not elements are grouped together based on common values - you'll want to disable that option.

Next, go to Formatting tab where you'll see the list of Fields included in your Schedule. Select the Field that you would like totaled, and select the 'Calculate totals' option towards the bottom of the dialog. Note that the Parameter must be of a valid type, meaning that you cannot total certain parameters types such as Text.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report